Navigation Bar

Saturday, May 21, 2011

This Week in Ogden

Of course, you already know that you can check my calendar anytime to find out what’s happening and plan your family days in Ogden. I plan on keeping you updated on Facebook and Twitter with daily events, but there are many classes and events that may require advanced registration, so check my calendar in advance to see if there is anything you or your family would be interested in, such as an African dance class at Eccles Community Art Center or Scout Saturdays at Ogden Nature Center.

Instead of relisting everything that is on my calendar, I decided to highlight the activities and events that my family wants to attending.

Here is my schedule of events:

Monday- Weather permitting, I’d like to go walk the trails at the Ogden Nature Center and maybe have a picnic. Eleanor loves seeing the owls, snakes, spiders and other creatures. It is nice to go to the lookout and view the beautiful scenery, also. Last time we spotted a mountain lion right in the Nature Center fields.

Tuesday- I have yet to take my daughter to Discovery Time at the Weber County Library. My husband usually takes her, but I want to check it out. It’s similar to the Treehouse’s On Track to Reading as it uses storytime, songs and activities to help prepare kids for reading, but this one is FREE.

Wednesday- The fam and I will be hiking up Taylor’s Canyon on a Weber Pathways guided family hike. We don’t have a child carrier, so I hope it isn’t too steep for Elle.

Thursday- Park day! There are so many wonderful parks in Ogden and I have a few favorites, but today I think I am going to check out a new one.

Friday- I have been wanting to go to Alphabet Soup at the Treehouse for some time now. They focus on a different letter each week and use songs, science, art, history and more to encourage literacy in young kids. If you don’t have a membership, you can get reduced admission to the museum during this time.

Saturday- The Pleasant Valley Branch is having a Memorial Day Tribute and I’d like to go, because their events are really cool and I’ve never been to this branch before. I don’t know if it will be kid appropriate, though.

That’s it for today. My next post will be about swimming lessons in the area, so check back tomorrow.

Read it, Like it, Share it

No comments:

Post a Comment