Navigation Bar

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Scavenger Hunt: The Final Days

We resorted to driving around the city for the last few days of our hunt. After finding 5 houses in one day, we gave up about 1 ½ hours before the deadline on Tuesday. We still had 4 more buildings left, but just couldn’t find them. When I turned in our form, the secretary told me it was the 63rd entry. So, I think we’ve got pretty good odds for the prize drawing. I’m feeling good about it. To conclude this year’s hunt, the Weber County Heritage Foundation will be hosting an event at Ogden High School this Thursday at 5:30pm. The event will feature a slideshow presentation of all of the historic buildings featured in this year’s hunt. Chuck James, an artisan and lead decorative painter, will speak about techniques being used to restore Ogden High School. I am really glad I participated in this year’s hunt. I had a lot of fun exploring the town and learning more about its history. If you didn’t participate this year, don’t worry it will be back next year!

Be sure to check back Friday when I count down Ogden's Top Ten Landmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment