Navigation Bar

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scavenger Hunt: Day 1

To celebrate National Historic Preservation Month, Ogden Landmarks Commission and Weber Heritage Foundation sponsor a historic property scavenger hunt in Ogden. There are twelve featured buildings, all within walking distance of my house. This is right up my alley. I am pretty much obsessed with architecture and old houses. It is what made me want to live in Ogden in the first place.

So let me just start by saying I walked like 20 blocks in these boots!


My daughter must have thought it was dress up time, because she handed me the boots and then put a bandanna on her head like a kerchief. And it was just too cute to deny, so I complied.


After putting on our get up, we headed out. The weather was nice, just a little windy. We found the first two houses pretty easily, since we literally walk these streets every day in the summer. As long as the weather is good, we will continue our hunt every day.

If you would like to participate in the scavenger hunt and celebrate Ogden's rich and beautiful history click here to print the form and read more details. Finished forms will be entered into prize drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment