Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hill Aerospace Museum


Yay! I am finally adding pictures to my blog. And I finally checked out the Aerospace Museum at Hill Air Force Base. It was a lot of fun.They had tons of planes, military vehicles, missiles and other military artifacts. I gotta admit that the mannequins were a little creepy, but they did have some great costumes.


I have to say I enjoyed the section dedicated to women pilots and service. They had a cute little art gallery, too. While Eleanor was fascinated, we only ended up staying for about an hour. If she was at least 6 or so, I could see spending a couple of hours there. They have informative plaques for all of the planes and displays, so it is very educational. They also have the Ace Learning Center that hosts school groups during the week, but is open to the public on Friday afternoons and Saturdays from 9am-Noon and 1-3pm. I plan on checking that out soon.



All in all , we had an awesome family day. We picked up free pretzels at the Pretzel Maker for National Pretzel Day and enjoyed a free local museum.


If you want to visit the Aerospace Museum it is located at:
7961 Wardleigh Road, Bldg 1955
Hill AFB, UT 84056-5842
It is right off the Roy freeway exit.It is open 7 days a week from 9am-4:30pm. They are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. Admission is free, but donations are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment